Apply for Grants For Kids Doing Community Service
Start a Snowball, Inc. is dedicated to encouraging and inspiring kids of all ages to engage in philanthropic and community service activities. We believe that even just one child with the right intentions and support can start a project that seems small in the beginning and eventually grows or “snowballs” into something that inspires an entire community with widespread benefits to the world around them.
In order to help kids kick off their philanthropy efforts, we offer funding to act as “seed money” of up to $100 for projects taken on by kids. We are currently not accepting new grant applications. Please check back later as once we acquire additional funding we will continue to offer funds to help kids. If you or someone you know would like to dontate to help us continue to help kids with their projects please click the donate button above.
As you are planning your project please keep the following things in mind:
- Any youth (ages 5-18) led project that does good is eligible for a grant.
- We do ask that the grant recipient fill out a brief follow up form describing the outcome of their project after receiving their grant. This will allow us to share their story and inspire others to take action.
- We do not want to give directly to a collection fund. It is wonderful to collect money for a cause you are passionate about, so tell us how you can use our grant to collect even more money.
- We do not give to:
- Support fundraisers for sports teams, unless it is serving an under served or disadvantaged group
- Projects that are discriminatory
- Projects that are political in nature
Additionally all grant recipients are required to fill out a Grant Follow Up Form