“The good man is the friend of all living things.” —Gandhi
- Do an environmental clean up
- Create a recycling program for old athletic shoes (see Nike’s Reuse-A-Shoe Program)
- Become a leader in your community around an environmental issue and use one of Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoot’s project kits.
- Organize a coastal clean-up to keep our lakes, rivers, and oceans clean.
- Pick up trash and clean up your neighborhood… organize a “Trash Mob” – a flash mob to pick up trash in a single location, like this one in Baltimore where 20 people cleaned up an empty lot in 30 minutes.
- Use TakingITGlobal’s Climate Change Youth Guide to Action to help you address the issue of climate change in your community and globally.
- Go BLUE with Water Planet Challenge for a myriad of different water-related service learning projects you can adapt to your community. Start a Meatless Monday campaign. Or, learn how to reduce, reuse, and reTHINK how you use water.