“The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.” -Mark Hyman
- Organize a KaBOOM! Play Day to help build awareness for the importance of play, strengthen your community, and bring old-fashioned fun to your neighborhood! Or, take babysitting and kid-sitting to the extreme and organize a National Wildlife Federation day of play outside!
- Join the Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s efforts to reduce childhood obesity and inspire your friends and families to eat healthier, move more, and make a difference in your school and community.
- Build a new playground or improve a playground or fix up existing playgrounds.
- Host a Quit Day to help educate and encourage people to not smoke and to quit if they have started.
- Make Cards for Hospitalized Kids.
- Collect and donate DVDs to Kid Flicks so they can send a movie library of 100 DVDs to every Children’s Hospital and Pediatric Department within the United States.
- Work with your local Red Cross to give blood, organize a blood drive, volunteer at a blood drive, or encourage others to give blood
- Throw a party for the kids in your local children’s hospital
- Take some rainbow looms to the children’s hospital and teach kids how to make crafts